[clean-list] htoclean sorrows

Diederik van Arkel dvanarkel at mac.com
Tue May 30 19:47:01 MEST 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Matthew Bromberg wrote:

> I got things to link and to work correctly using the little C
> program that you kindly provided that uses microsofts linker.  I
> made some minor adjustments to it, in particular the /
> NODEFAULTLIB:libc option was added and I forced it to actually
> print out the linker command to a logfile for debugging purposes.
> The final step to success was to include a static link library for
> the dll as an external object file.  Including it as a static
> library in Projects options does not appear to add any library
> names to the link caller, thus forcing me to use this hack.  Have
> you gotten the 64 bit version to work? (not that I need this
> trouble just yet.)

The objects referred to as static libraries in the project options
are libraries of Clean modules and not of arbitrary object modules.
I don't think I ever finished support for actually building these
static libraries in the IDE so the concept of static clean libraries is
currently more or less orphaned. I think I documented this status for
static libraries in the IDE manual but I could be misremembering.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel