[clean-list] Process starting

Hernyák Zoltán aroan at aries.ektf.hu
Wed Mar 8 13:59:53 MET 2006

Hi,

> Object I/O processes do not run in different threads/processes, so that
> will not work as you might expect.

Let's suppose, I want to write a consumer-producer -like application.
The main thread would be the consumer, while an other process would
be the producer. So there is no way to start on separate threads?

> Why don't you just create two programs (or one program that does two
> things depending on its command line arguments), and start them both
> using a script/batch file.
Because my task is to write programs which sends and receives data from outside.
This is a kind of port-reading-writing problems, where on the other side a 3rd party
program processes the data elements.

The main program is a kind of:

Start w =
    #! w = sendAllData [1...10000] w
    #! (result,w) = receiveAllData w
   = result

This cannot work, because until all the elements of [1..1000] is not sended,
nothing is received. Let suppose, the 3rd party program reads one data element from the
port, and sends it back immediately on a synchronized way. So until the succesfull receiving it won't
read another data element from the port. The only idea is to solve is that:

Start w =
    #! w = sendAllData_OnSeparateThread [1...10000] w
    #! (result,w) = receiveAllData w
   = result

So it can't be solved in Clean?? I barely think that :)

Zoltan Hernyak