[clean-list] OpenGL

Jeff Ervin jeffervin at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 02:01:35 MET 2006

Thanks Bas,

I had already downloaded HOpenGL but have not had a chance to look at it's internals yet. I assumed it was probably a good implementation that I would want to emulate. I'd still like to see the existing Clean work that's been done of course to see
how they've used the foreign function interface in Clean. If I can get an outline of how things should be done I'll have the
time - and I hope the patience :) - to make a complete binding.

I'm looking to this project to deepen my knowledge of the complete OpenGL API. Moving on from there I hope to spend some time learning how to apply functional programming techniques to graphics, animation, simulations and games. I could of course use Haskell for this (and will be simultaneously) but Clean is attractive because of the performance of the code it generates as well as other characteristics of the language that differ from Haskell.

Jeff