[clean-list] .abc file information

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:19:06 MET 2005

Hi,

I was looking for information on the .abc bytecode files, specifically
what the effect of each instruction is and how they are structured
overall. I couldn't find any documentation on the web, i was wondering
if there was something i had missed?

The reason I am asking is that I was wondering if a .hbc (haskell byte
code) file, as generated by Yhc (http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/yhc/),
could be easily converted into a .abc file of Clean. The effect of
each instruction in a .hbc file is given at
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/yhc/bytecodes.html . If this
translation was relatively easy, then all the clever machinery of .abc
-> .exe given by Clean could be reused.

Thanks,

Neil