[clean-list] interactive top level / REPL for Clean?

clean-list.mail.zooloo at xoxy.net clean-list.mail.zooloo at xoxy.net
Fri Dec 9 01:21:17 MET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Perkins - cperkins at medialab.com" <+clean-list+zooloo+1a4b40dabf.cperkins#medialab.com at spamgourmet.com>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 12:50 AM

Hi Chris,

> Is there a REPL available for Clean?  I'm quite enjoying the
> language, but really wish there was an interactive top level for
> trying out code and ideas.

as far as I know: no, there isn't any. The only ways I know to quickly try out things are:

1. to change the start rule of your current project to what you want to try, or
2. to define a dedicated "test" project to which you can switch from the current one and back whenever you like, or
3. to open a second IDE, but I am not sure if they really like a clone beside.

I agree that an interactive GUI tool like Hugs in Haskell would be more than useful, but coding that is an aweful lot of
work, and noone has done it yet for Clean.

Regards,

zooloo

Spam detection software, running on the system "pandora.cs.kun.nl", has
postmaster at science.ru.nl for details.