[clean-list] Curry type assignment algorithm question

Jigang Sun js035288 at student.paisley.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 21:53:12 MEST 2005

Hi,

I feel chapter 6 Type Assignment System Functional of Rinus book Programming and Parallel Graph Rewriting is not well understood with no much detailed explanation or example to algorithms.

Attached is my work using Curry_type Assignment algorithm on λx.x. The result is obviously wrong:the basis I got is empty set, final type is φ1-> φ1 other than φ0-> φ0.

Could anyone point out what is wrong with my deduction? Do any have other easy learning materials containing explanations or examples for type assignment?

Many thanks.

Jigang