[clean-list] files unique or not unique for reading?

Arjen van Weelden A.vanWeelden at cs.ru.nl
Mon Jul 11 13:57:18 MEST 2005

Hello,

This is because f* operations can also be used on writable files,
although it is not common to read from and write to the same file.

If you only read from files, you can use sfopen or fshare and the sf*
operations (see page 204).

The main advantage is that you can explicitly close a *File (there is no
sfclose). Ihe type system also enforces single threaded use of the
*File, preventing accidental sharing, which may prevent some kind of
programming mistakes.

regards,
	Arjen