[clean-list] future of clean

Bas van Dijk basvandijk at home.nl
Thu Jan 20 15:41:27 MET 2005

Hi,

I like the idea and I have another question.

What is the reason that all the 'fancy new features' are developed for Windows
first and ported to Linux later?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to do it the other way around?

I think: if the Clean project wants to be a more serious and succesfull
opensource project [1], its main development has to occur on Linux. The
reason, among others, is that the opensource community is much larger in the
Linux world than it is in the MS Windows world.

[1] Clean Wish List,
http://www.xs4all.nl/~keslr/functional/clean/wish/main.html#OpenSource

Bas.