[clean-list] future of clean

Arjen van Weelden A.vanWeelden at cs.ru.nl
Thu Jan 20 13:41:33 MET 2005

Hi,

The Linux version already supports Generics and Dynamics, except the
dynamic I/O and linking. Unfortunately, you need to extract the
StdGeneric and dynamics library files from the Windows release.
I don't expect that dynamic I/O and linking will be implemented for
Linux in the next release.

Hilde, for one, will not work on Linux. Partly because of lack of
dynamic I/O and linking and party because of the Windows system calls I
used in the implementation. I could write a Linux version but it would
still be severely crippled without dynamic linking.

The GEC library uses Object I/O, which has no Linux port. Some
volunteers sometimes work on implementing a Gtk port, but I don't expect
it to be finished soon.

I expect the other "features" to work on Linux, as long as you get the
required Clean files from the Windows zip.

regards,
	Arjen