[clean-list] SourceForge Again

Marco Kesseler m.kesseler at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 7 14:08:08 MET 2005

Hoi,

first of all, let me appologize for the TWO announcements about the funlib
project recently. That was not intentional.

Nevertheless, I have a request that has to do with SourceForge as well. I
have found the following "Clean" projects there (including mine).
Obtaining this limited list was already quite a fuss, because "clean"
matches well... A LOT (someone on this list complained about that
already).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cleangl/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pretty-clean/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/funlib/

Now apparently, this is not enough to get Clean listed as an official
programming language. I find this "slightly" annoying, as it makes it
difficult to find Clean projects. So I am baldy going to ask you the
following:

If you have a Clean program/project that you do not mind becoming open
source, would you consider submitting it to SourceForge?

And if you do, would you let me know? I believe that the mere existence of
the project is sufficient, although obviously everyone of us could benefit
from actually storing sources there. Just looking at the download pages at
the Clean site, and considering what is available elsewhere I think that
it should be possible to arrive at a suitable number.

regards
Marco Kesseler

PS: Actually, Rinus, see how GHC is organised at SF
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/). They don't actually store the
sources there. Maybe this would be a good thing for the Clean compiler as
well?