[clean-list] SourceForge funlib with PDF support

Marco Kesseler m.kesseler at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 24 14:22:14 MET 2004

Hi,

for your information, the "Functional Fragments Library" has become a
SourgeForge project. It (funlib) can be found at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/funlib/

What's more: it no longer "just" advertises JPEG decompression as its main
feature, but rather processing of PDF files (to some extend, obviously).

At the moment, there is a sample that is able to decompress a PDF file,
and decrypt it along the way. This includes support for version 1.5/1.6
PDF files which contain new compression schemes. Read the main source in
the sample dir if you want to know how to use it. The project file should
allow you to build the sample out of the box (on windows anyway). You do
need Clean 1.3 though (more about that later).

I am planning to write additional samples, but this requires some
restructuring of the code. To start with, I am considering features like:

* extracting pages (individual or ranges)
* n-up transformations
* editing file info, viewer prefs and the like.
* extracting text

Note that there are hardly any other free sources available that allow
such things. Most open source stuff only supports generating PDF files,
not processing them.

As mentioned above, the CVS only contains Clean 1.3 sources. I will
provide a 2.1 port, but that will probably not arrive before the end of
this year. It could be that 1.3 will remain leading for a while, although
I do expect that 2.1 will take over at some point.

regards,
Marco Kesseler