[clean-list] IO-Library

Philippos Apolinarius phi500ac@yahoo.ca
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:50:15 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1225367080-1088920215=:161

As I stated before, I am starting High School next fall, and I am trying to grasp the concept of  function in my algebra course. I thought it would be a good idea to learn a functional programming language just to get the gist of it. I am playing around with Clean and Haskell. Since Clean is  easier than Haskell, my progress in Clean is much faster. However, I was having a lot of trouble with the Object IO library. It is full of details and requires a lot of red tape to do even the most simple operation.  I found another library in the distribution that is much simpler to use, more intuitive, and generates  smaller code. I am talking about the IO Interface 0.8.2. I did not find and documentation for this Standard Lib, and its settings on the IDE seems to be out of date. Therefore, I got the impression that IO Interface 0.8.2 is being deprecated. If this is true, why?
After all, it seems to be easier to use. Another question: Where can I find documentation for the IO Interface 0.8.2? Thanx.

--0-1225367080-1088920215=:161

<DIV>As I stated before, I am starting High School next fall, and I am trying to&nbsp;grasp the concept of &nbsp;function in my algebra course. I thought&nbsp;it would&nbsp;be&nbsp;a good idea to learn a functional programming language just to get the gist of it. I am playing around&nbsp;with Clean and Haskell. Since Clean is&nbsp; easier than Haskell, my progress in Clean is much faster. However, I&nbsp;was having a lot of trouble with the Object IO library. It is full of details and requires a lot of red tape to do even the most simple operation.&nbsp; I found another library in the distribution that is much simpler to use, more intuitive, and generates&nbsp; smaller code. I am talking about the&nbsp;IO Interface 0.8.2. I did not find and documentation for this Standard Lib, and its settings on the IDE seems to be out of date. Therefore, I got the impression that IO Interface 0.8.2 is being deprecated. If this is true, why?</DIV>
--0-1225367080-1088920215=:161--