[clean-list] UNIX (or POSIX) I/O

Maks Verver m.verver@student.utwente.nl
Sun, 23 May 2004 18:36:16 +0200

Marco Kesseler wrote:
> This problem is caused by the laziness of the (1 + state) expression.
> Clean does not need the value of this expression at the moment it
> returns the World value. The result of this, is that your heap will get
> filled with the expression:

Ah, I see what you mean. I assume that the 'real' code where this went wrong
also contained errors of my own (I don't have it anymore). Thanks for
pointing this out.

Too bad you have to worry about things like these when writing code in
Clean. It spoils the fun of solving basic problems like these with recursive
functions, if it's so hard to get those functions to use only a constant
amount of memory.

Kind regards,
Maks Verver.