[clean-list] Installing Clean from CVS

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bas van Dijk <basvandijk@home.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Clean from CVS on my Linux
> 2.6.6 system. I checked out
> all the modules (from cvs-srv.cs.kun.nl/clean):

[ ... ]

> I already have a version of Clean 2.0.1 running on
> my system but I would like
> to use the 'bleeding edge' ;-)

Bas,

I worked this out a while back for use in build the
Debian package for Clean.  Have a look at
http://people.debian.org/~bfulgham/clean/clean_2.1.0-3.diff.gz
for the changes I had to make.

The 'debian/rules' file is basically a makefile that
performs the configuration and build steps.

In effect, you must build the compiler tools, then you
can bootstrap the full compiler.  I found that I had
to build the various "cgtools", then the old-style io
library, IOUtilities, and stdlib.

I have a ~75% port of the Clean ObjectIO graphics
toolkit (see
http://people.debian.org/~bfulgham/clean_examples/).
Any help in fleshing it out would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brent