[clean-list] What next?

Omnidiam Canada omnidiam@sympatico.ca
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:06:31 -0400

KillrKen@aol.com wrote:
Ok, I downloaded Clean. Now how do I start making a game. I have the all the stuff I need.

Ummm .... if you have all the stuff you need, then there should be no problem, n'est pas?

All kidding aside, what we did was study the source code and the libraries to start our implementation, which in our case is an analytical tool, not a game.

If you're not used to this type of language,or Haskell, maybe Ocaml, for example, be forewarned it might take a few days to rewire your head. Once everything "clicks in", Clean is a powerful, flexible language, but if you're expecting some kind of "kit" approach to game building a la "Dark Basic" and the like, believe me, this ain't it.

Good luck.
Peter Elliott