[clean-list] About abstract synonym types...

fzuurbie@inter.nl.net fzuurbie@inter.nl.net
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:23:08 UT

--_----------=_107596578817960

Fabien wrote:

> "abstract synonym types". I couldn't however find any explanations nor
> any syntax definition in the relese 2.1 of the language report that
> ships with the system.

I read something - don't know where: In a definition module you can now write:

:: MyType (:== String)

So you expose the details to the compiler for optimization, but other modules cannot do pattern matches on the details of the type.

I would also like some more explanations of the new features advertised, such as the stack checks without overheads.

Regards Erik Zuurbier

--_----------=_107596578817960--