[[clean-list] Exceptions handling again]

Olivier Lefevre olefevre@usa.net
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:31:56 +0100

> My conclusion: yes we may need classical exceptions handling for a
> few years to come, but that should not be the end of it. A lot more
> automatic recovery support could be developed so that an applications
> programmer would scarcely need to explicitly program exceptions
> handling.

As you are yourself conceding, you will never be able to automate
everything: "scarcely" is not the same as "never". Thus there will
always be a need for a mechanism of last resort. In a non-parallel
setting, exceptions are not such a bad scheme.

-- O.L.