[clean-list] Playing sounds

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:11:25 +0100

Jeremy Shaw wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Have you considering writing some (partial) bindings for SDL?
 >
 > http://www.libsdl.org/index.php
 >
 > Looking at this page, I think it would be fairly trivial:
 >
 > http://sdldoc.csn.ul.ie/guideaudioexamples.php

Well, I happen to know SDL, since I taught Python and I used PyGame for some
image processing. I might try to look further, but for me SDL was always a
comprehensive factory, quite rich...  Thank you.

Are you sure that it is "trivial"? There is a lot of manipulating of shared
data structures, files, etc., and I am not sure yet how to organize all that
without breaking Clean. But I like to live dangerously, we'll see...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk