[clean-list] Re: (clean-list): 1. Debian Package Available

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@stud.uni-graz.at
Sat, 17 May 2003 16:16:58 +0200

clean-list-admin@cs.kun.nl wrote:

>The advantage of using this package over the official Clean site tarball is
>that it is built into the standard Debian file system hierarchy, menu
>system, and package management system.  This means you can launch the XView
>based programming environment from the usual X-Windows menu manager on
>your system.

Has one ever tried to use the IDE on SuSE 8 Linux? I can install the
IDE; even able to create a project but when I try to compile this
project under Clean nothing happens. After doing "make io" I do not get
any error messages that the Xview libraries cannot be found.

The problem actually is that the new profiling mechanism of the
Unix/Linux versions of Clean becomes useless, because you need the IDE
to specify that you want profiling. Couldn't figure out with the
assistance of "man clm" how to do it otherwise.

S. Gonzi