[clean-list] Re: (clean-list digest): Linking Clean to DISLIN the third

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@stud.uni-graz.at
Mon, 05 May 2003 08:31:49 +0200

To make it short. I think I know now how to pass strings but I do not
know whether the following becomes worked through step after step,
because it does not work properly:

==
symbols
	#! metafl2=metafl (p_to_char "cons")
	#! dsini2=disini
	#! graf2=c_graf 0.0 10.0 0.0 2.0 0.0 10.0 0.0 2.0
	#! disfin2=disfin
	= [metafl2,disini2,graf2,disfin2]
==

[p_to_char is my pointer to chars: metafl(char *s)]

metafl creates the plot-format (this works); disini starts the process (this works); graf sets the coordinate system and disfin (this works)
closes DISLIN.

The above works und Python, C, Bigloo but I get wrong results under Clean. I get always the error message that the origin of the
coordinate system is out of range. Note: c_graf is a wrapper to graf, because I think
there is no way  to pass a single C-float:

void c_graf(double x,double y,...)
{
	graf((float)x,(float)y,...);
}

First I thought this wrapper passes wrong arguments to graf, but it doesn't. If I use only metafl,disini and disfin everything works.

Regards,
S. Gonzi