[clean-list] How to compile clean from the command line?

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:28:14 +0100

At 12:31 AM 3/6/2003 +0100, I wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 07:07 PM, isaac gouy wrote:
>
>>This question came up on this list some time ago, and
>>it seemed that the intention was that it would be
>>addressed with Clean 2.
>>
>>Is there a way to use the compiler linker from MS
>>Windows command line?
>>(Although I like IDEs, it's nice to script and
>>automate)
>>
>>best wishes, Isaac
>
>Hi Isaac,
>
>rather than directly calling the compiler, code generator,
>and linker I'd suggest using the non-interactive mode of the
>ide. I can't remember right now if these are documented in the
>ide manual. If not I'll write them up in the morning. This lets
>you tell the ide to bring a project up to date without actually
>bringing up the gui.
>
>Regards,
>
>Diederik van Arkel

I don't see the documentation in the ide manual so:

E:\Ronny\Develop\CleanSystem\CleanIDE.exe -h 25M --batch-force-build %1
E:\Ronny\Develop\CleanSystem\CleanIDE.exe -h 25M --batch-build %1

are the two variants you can use. The -h flag allows you to set the heap size
for the ide in case it needs to be increased. %1 is where you provide the full
path to your project.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel