[clean-list] Accessing OpenGL functions

Bruce Gordon Rennie brennie@dcsi.net.au
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:45:13 +1100

Dear All,

I have only recently come across CLEAN and the CLEAN Game library. As I run
Windows NT4.0, using the DirectX libraries are not really an option. I am
wanting to setup the CLEAN Games library to use one of the display systems,
OpenGL, SDL, etc. However, I am finding some difficulty in obtaining the
information needed to do this.

I get the impression from what I have so far found is that I will need to create
one or more mapping library files and possibly a number of .abc files. I want to
be able to run the programs developed on both the NT4.0 box (mine) and the Linux
box ( my childrens) and even possibly on the Macs when I get around to
rebuilding them. Does anyone know of any reference materials that explain the
low-level interfacing between CLEAN and the OS libraries.

The purpose I am doing this for is to enable my thirteen year old son (youngest)
to learn games development ( in a fun way - he has a dream of making much money
from this endeavour as well as enjoying the process of making his own games)

--
Bruce Rennie ( from God's Own Country Downunder )
Disciple of Jesus Christ in Training

The Cross of Jesus Christ - Salvation for all men.

Song of Solomon ( Song of Songs ) - The greatest Love Story Ever
and a story for our times.

Be a GOD Chaser.