[clean-list] Transform to CPS

Fergus Henderson fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:09:26 +1100

I wrote:
> The Melbourne Mercury compiler has had support for deforestation since
> Mercury 0.8 [...] However, I just noticed that in the current version,
> 0.11, the optimization is not working properly [...]  Hopefully it will
> be something simple which we can easily fix for 0.11.1.

It was -- Simon Taylor quickly found and fixed the problem.
It turns out that there's also a simple work-around for 0.11.0:
compile with the `--no-local-constraint-propagation' option.

So Richard O'Keefe's statement "I'm pretty sure that the Melbourne
Mercury compiler does [deforestation] too" was correct, even for
Mercury 0.11.0 ;-)