[clean-list] Compiling programs

Diederik van Arkel dvanarkel@mac.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:55:31 +0100

On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 05:49 PM, Ægir Þorleifsson wrote:

> Hello
>
> I´m wondering if anyone has had any trouble compiling progrmas on
> macintosh.
>
> I have 233 mhz imac, 64 mb ram, my computer seems to stop responding
> when
> I´m compiling the exsamples that came with clean 2.02.
>
> Do I need some more files?
>
> I´m trying Clean for the first time. I have used Codewarrior and
> realbasic
> they worked.
>
> Hope someone can help me.
>
> Regards,
> Ægir fiorleifsson

Hi,

works for me on a G4 350MHz powermac.
- Which MacOS version are you running?
- Does the Ide display any message before it stops responding?
- Which project are you trying to compile?
- Does it help if you first start the compiler by hand before
   telling the Ide to compile? (Launch the compiler by double-clicking
   Clean Compiler 2 application)
- Does the Ide manage to launch the compiler by itself?

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel