[clean-list] How to compile the Clean compiler?

John van Groningen johnvg@cs.kun.nl
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:03:04 +0200

Romildo wrote:
>I want to compile the Clean compiler in my Linux box from
>its source code distributed by the Clean team, but I am
>failling to find instructions or directions on how to
>accomplish this.
>
>Do I need to first install the Clean binary distribution
>in order to be able to compile the sources?

Yes, you need a Clean compiler to compile the Clean compiler, so
you need to install the binary distribution first. Furthermore
the binary distribution contains (source code of) libraries that
are required.
The make.linux.sh script should compile the Clean compiler.

Regards,

John van Groningen