[clean-list] Re:Clean Wish List: My old major wish...

Fabien Todescato f.todescato@larisys.fr
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:16:49 +0200

Hmmm....

This brings back old memories. I remember having read an article about a
parallel graph-reduction machine - the so-called 'MaRS' machine - developed
by a french group in Toulouse. At the time they claimed they could reach
about 200.000 reduction steps per seconds with their machine...

Just out of curiosity, would somebody dare utter a rough estimate of the
number reduction steps performed per second by the clean implementation on a
typical today's machine ? I have read somewhere in the Clean tutorial book
that would of the order of 1.0E+6~7.

Fabien Todescato