[clean-list] questions

Scott J, jscott@planetinternet.be
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:33:13 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C25E57.279F4430

Hi,

Thx for that interesting example.

So, I guess I can make a bind width the Tk widgets and TOGL wich can open
the door for 3D drawings.

I have read a lot of papers about Haskell, but the monadic approach doesn't
seem to me now a good solution. One must make monadtansformers and before
one knows it the code becomes very difficult to read. So I left Haskell
definitively. I never coded in Haskell but I read a lot of papers, and got
answers of the Haskell mailing list that gave me the impression that Haskell
is horribly difficult and yet cannot improve the native speed of some
benchmarks.

On the other hand I would like to see some benchmarks, Can Clean compete
with Ocamel (impure but strict).

Another question is the following: what if at a certain moment one stops
developing Clean and sells it to another company. This is the problem with
every proprietary language. I think only the Clean owners can respond.

Again many thx for your example.

Scott

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C25E57.279F4430

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thx for that interesting =
example.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So, I guess I can make a =
bind&nbsp;width the Tk=20
widgets and TOGL wich can open the door for 3D drawings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have read a lot of papers about =
Haskell, but the=20
monadic approach doesn't seem to me now a good solution. One must make=20
monadtansformers and before one knows it the code becomes very difficult =
to=20
read. So I left Haskell definitively. I never coded in Haskell but I =
read a lot=20
of papers, and got answers of the Haskell mailing list that gave me the=20
impression that Haskell is horribly difficult and yet cannot improve the =
native=20
speed of some benchmarks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On the other hand I would like to see =
some=20
benchmarks, Can Clean compete with Ocamel (impure but =
strict).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Another question is the following: what =
if at a=20
certain moment one stops developing Clean and sells it to another =
company. This=20
is the problem with every proprietary language. I think only the Clean =
owners=20
can respond.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Again many thx for your =
example.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Scott</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C25E57.279F4430--