[clean-list] OpenGL in Clean

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:36:11 +0200

ESummer@lcc.edu wrote:

> I would also love to see OpenGL for clean.[...]

> As for as clean being a good language for OpenGL programming, I think it is
> excellent.  The fact the OpenGL is a state based machine shouldn't effect
> functional programming style.  Most of the time when programming for OpenGL
> you work on a scene graph then use the scene graph to optimize and send
> state information to OpenGL.  That would allow you to program without
> threading stuff around imperatively.

Well, anyway, there is *nothing* which prevents to thread unique states
in a Cleanish way. It has to be done (GLUT or no GLUT) while coding some
possible interface. But, of course, the OGl state machine is quite
different from a Functional way of Life, so some conceptual work, and
a lot of tutorials seem necessary if we want that people use it...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France