[clean-list] Optimising Recursive Functions Yielding Multiple Results in Tuples?

Janis Voigtlaender voigt@orchid.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:27:50 +0200

John van Groningen wrote:

> You should download Clean 2.0 and the source code of Clean 2.0. In the
> file settings.c in the folder backendC, change the boolean
> OptimizeLazyTupleRecursion from False to True.

That was easy, and I can also find the file backend.dll to be replaced
as mentioned below.

> Then rebuild the backend.dll
> using the files in the backendC folder. If you use the CodeWarrior 6
> C compiler, you can use the backend.mcp project.

But this seems to exceed my skills for using strange imperative
languages. I struggled for quite some while with MS Visual Studio 6.0
C++ (as this is what I found on our machines), but failed to get
anything else than error messages. So, has anyone ever compiled the
Clean 2.0 source with anything else than CodeWarrior 6, and can give me
a hint? Actually, I don't need a whole compilation as I have a running
system. I just need the recompiled backend.dll with changed settings as
above.

> Now use this backend.dll instead, by replacing the backend.dll file in
> the folder containg the file CleanCompiler200.exe.

Hoping for some clue,
Janis.

--
Janis Voigtlaender