[clean-list] Re: Troubles using a function as parameter to another function

Claudio Potenza claudio.potenza@mclink.it
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:18:32 +0000

thanks to everyone that explained me the issue about uniqueness.

I think I understand the explanations. What I don't understand is why in
another version of the code where the function passed as parameter was of
type:
    (File *File -> (String,*File))
instead of:
    (File *File *Files -> (String,*File,*Files))
everything worked ok (the same consideration should apply in the version
without the *Files parameter, as there is another unique parameter...

In any case it looks like it may be a better strategy not to specify the
type of a function for each function one defines and let the compiler do
the work for you...
I tend to specify always the type when I define functions, maybe is just an
unconscious "porting" from the world of C ("always use prototypes!")

Claudio Potenza
claudio.potenza@mclink.it