[clean-list] Re: clean-list digest, Vol 1 #221 - 3 msgs

Shivkumar Chandrasekaran shiv@ece.ucsb.edu
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:50:12 -0800

On Saturday, December 29, 2001 Erik Zuurbier
<F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net> wrote:

> You could try Clean's CLAS-library, inspired on Blas, so I read. CLAS is
> able to address sub-arays: slices.

I am well-aware of CLAS, but my point was that the ability to easily
access Lapack or ATLAS Blas (or any of the other C-callable libraries
out there) will be of great benefit to Clean in general. For my purposes
it would give me a factor of 8 speed-up.

I have my own extensive numerical linear algebra library in Clean
(nothing at all like BLAS or Matlab). My main objective now is to show
that it can be placed on top of Lapack/Blas and hence attain "top speed".

My hope was that other people in my position would support my suggestion
to improve htoclean's handling of {#Real} arrays.

--shiv--