[clean-list] Re: Problems with Windows Install

Ronny Wichers Schreur ronny@cs.kun.nl
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 13:15:55 +0100

Al Christians wrote:

>Two much more minor notes about the release:
>
>1. When doing an 'update and run' on almost any of the example
>programs, there is a message that pops up asking where is
>StdEnv.  This is easy enough to figure out, but Clean will probably
>make a nicer impression on some if this didn't happen.

The standard distribution is supposed to work without setting any
paths, and I'm not sure why it doesn't work that way for you.
Perhaps you can check
   Environments > Edit List ... > StdEnv > Edit > Paths
There's should be one path {Application}:Libraries:StdEnv 2.0.
If you check Show Full Names, this should then expand to the full
path of the StdEnv directory in your unpacked Clean distribution.

Perhaps something went wrong when you unpacked the distribution,
or perhaps there's a bug in the handling of paths. In any case
please send a message to clean@cs.kun.nl with more information
(how did you install Clean, Windows version).

>2. The talk and scrabble demo programs still suffer on my system
>because I've got large fonts. [..]

We'll look into this. Thanks for the feedback.

>Is there any way to get Clean programs to talk COM, either as a
>client or server?

I remember somebody doing something with COM. I think Peter Achten
can give more details (after the holidays).

Cheers,

Ronny Wichers Schreur