[clean-list] Re: clean-list digest, Vol 1 #51 - 2 msgs

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:28:28 +0100

op 12/22/01 12:10 AM schreef Al Christians op achrist@easystreet.com:

> I've just tried to get started with the new release of Clean.
> Some troubles right away.  I follow the instructions in the
> UserManual.pdf file for the first example -- the game of life.
> When I try to "Update and Run", I get errors:
>
> Error[StdEnv.dcl,26,import]; toReal multiply defined
> Error[StdEnv.dcl,26,import]; toInt multiply defined
>
> Any hints?

Ah a typical result of later than last-minute changes. Fix this
by removing or commenting out lines 13 and 14 of the module 'StdString.dcl'
where it declares:

instance toInt {#Char}
instance toReal {#Char}

these have been moved elsewhere and the declaration should have been
removed.

The easiest way to do this is from the project you have created: Launch the
Ide and open your project (it should still be in recent projects in the File
menu), then select 'Open Definition Module...' from the File menu and enter
"StdString.dcl". The Ide should now open the StdString module where you can
remove the offending two lines. Save the module and Run your project; things
should now work as advertised.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Diederik van Arkel