[clean-list] [ANNOUNCE] new library release: Functional Fragments by M. Kesseler

Peter Achten peter88@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:51:57 +0100

Dear all,

Our apologies for taking a little time to put the new release of the
Functional Fragments library on the Clean download pages.

Here is Marco Kesseler's announcement d.d. Dec. 7 2001:

I have got a new version (1.1) of the 'Functional Fragments' library.
Apparantly it takes some time to get it on the Clean download pages, so if
anyone wants to get it earlier: I am prepared to e-mail it. (100K stuffit
file - if you like to have a .zip, let me know and I will dig up some Mac
zip application somewhere).

Well, what's in it?
- a huffman decoder
- lwz (de)compression
- zlib/flate decompression
- RC4 encryption and MD5 hash
- a baseline jpeg decoder. Modules and a test program are included for
   converting to BMP.
- A small module for rendering images in a contiguous piece of memory in
various
   layouts (needed to get JPEG into BMP format).
- small support stuff, including some support for encoding, some support for
   Unicode, some support for bitmaps (as opposed to pixel maps). Most
   of this is unrelated to the items above, and barely tested, but it might
   interest someone.

Please note that there are patent issues with LZW and RC4 if you plan on
actually using these techniques. Well, that is up to you. See the included
readme file.

regards,
Marco