[clean-list] Re: Communicating with other programs (Monique Wittebrood & Marco Kesseler)

Marco Kesseler m.kesseler@aia-itp.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:34:43 +0100

From: "Siegfried Gonzi" <siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at>
> From: Monique Wittebrood & Marco Kesseler <m.wittebrood@mailbox.kun.nl>
schrieb,

> clean-list-admin@cs.kun.nl schrieb:
>
> > Consider this: suppose that Clean 2.0 arrives tomorrow, together with
all
> > its sources. Are you going to guarantee that these sources get updated
> > frequently?
>
> How important are the I/O stuff for the users?
[...]
> Lets be honest: inventing the wheel is stupid.

Exactly.

[...]
> I mean the argument that the I/O stuff is not available for Unix/Linux
holds only -- in my opinion --at the first
> moment, because the GUI stuff does not include communicating with other
programs!

Yup. And one of the things I have been nagging about is simply to get some
priority to (language) support for interfacing with others. Opening up the
sources may be one way of getting this in case the clean team has not enough
resources.

regards,
Marco

Aia Software B.V.                      Phone:   +31 24 371 02 30
PO Box 38025                             Fax:   +31 24 371 02 31
6503 AA Nijmegen                         URL:   http://www.aia-itp.com
The Netherlands
This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are adressed. If you have received this E-mail in error please notify
the postmaster (postmaster@aia-itp.com). The authenticity of this
message cannot, at this moment, be guaranteed by ourselves. For this
reason no legal rights may be granted should the contents differ to
the original sent message. The Aia log-file of sent messages is deemed
to be the sole, true transcript of communication unless the contrary,
other than the received message, can be proven.