[clean-list] Communicating with other programs

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:06:33 +0100

Diederik van Arkel:

> On a more general note: Clean has more features and capabilities than are
> generally announced. This is because we are unwilling to mention them before
> they are fully developed and tested. If you need something to solve a
> specific problem it is always worthwile to ask the Clean team and the
> mailing list if this can already be achieved. With respect to Clean and C
> integration we are experimenting with new capabilities but progress is slow
> due to the time taken up with preparing the upcoming Clean2 release.

Nice to know.
But perhaps it wouldn't be a *very* bad idea to make use of our small
community to do some tests, what do you think?

(Thanks to the feedback from the users, the releases of such systems as,
say DrScheme, are more frequent, the debugging is more thorough, and
*everybody* is happier.)

And, anyway, please: testing and debugging done only by the authors of
any package can never be complete.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France