[clean-list] Interfacing to Foreign Code

David McClain barabh@qwest.net
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:24:25 -0700

Well, as a scientist, one of my first interests is always data
visualization. Hence I would recommend starting with the interfacing of
Clean to the Grahics library in NML.

I have only briefly looked at interfacing to foreign code from Clean about
1-2 years ago. That was one of the things that attracted my attention to
Clean, because I believe it had a pretty good and easy to use C interface.

I find myself spending about 50% of my programming time interfacing to
foreign code, whether the main program is in Lisp, OCaml, NML, or whatever.
The ability to interface easily to foreign code is, in my opinion, one of
the most important features of a language.

- D. McClain