[clean-list] Communicating with other programs

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:32:46 +0100

Siegfried Gonzi:

> Marco Kesseler M.Kesseler@aia.nl, schrieb
>
> >And of  course, you can also call a Clean executable from a C
> >program.
>
> Is there a documentation somewhere. After reading the hToClean readme,
> I got the impression that only calling a C function is possible.

I don't want answer for Marco Kesseler, but it seems that Sigfried Gonzi
misunderstood the answer.

Calling an EXECUTABLE is not calling a FUNCTION.
Launching an external APPLICATION in Clean , MxyztplkStrumpff or other
popular language is *of course* possible, and even trivial, since this
is the very basic task of *any* operating system. This doesn't mean that
an interface for a *function* being a part of a compiled, relocatable module
is available...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France