[clean-list] Re: 1. ANN: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (first edition)

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:52:05 +0100

clean-list-admin@cs.kun.nl schrieb:

>     I've spoken to Rinus recently, and he agreed that it would be nice to
>     know more about what people out there actually do with Clean. So
>     why not have a Clean Activities Report? Someone needs to do the
>     editing and chasing up of summaries (no, I'm not volunteering!-),

Before the post will go to sleep I highly assume there is a volunteer for this topic.
Any volunteers? Maybe the Clean guys themselves are predestined for the job.

You should snap at the chance to make a poll to your project called Clean.

>     (Btw, don't expect the implementation sources to be of much better
>      quality than your own code - if compiler writers had to fear criticism
>      over the quality of their source code, they would never release
>      anything! The point of open source is not to point fingers at what
>      others have contributed, but to help improve it!-)

I know, I know, I know. The following is not really welcomed (okay, I am Austrian) but I
will consigne it:

I highly recommend to support the compiler inmplementor with code in the language itself
and not with code for implementing the language. The latter is the job for all the
Forther out there: 90% language implementors for Forth and 10% coders for Forth (okay, I
am a really bad Austrian: what can you do with Forth apart from implementing it?).

Kuess' die Hand,
S. Gonzi