[clean-list] My first side effect?

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:52:00 +0100

Marco Kesseler schrieb:

> Haven't had the time to look at your code, but I once had a similar
> experience, and it turned out I was writing outside array
> boundaries... (and couldn't put boundary checking on because that
> lead to too big code segments on may way too old Mac).

The boundary-checker on the Macintosh does not complain and also on Windows there is no
complaint. For example: yesterday evening I did shut-down the Macintosh under the
impression it does not right the transposing. In the morning I started up and now it does

the transposing correct (the same array). First I thought it is due to the unprecedented
awkwardness concerning memory and programming (rebooting the Mac every 15minutes -- even
with 64MB Ram -- is not uncommon). But the same situation is on Windows too, sometimes it

is transposing right and sometimes not.

S. Gonzi