[clean-list] Re: clean-list digest, Vol 1 #166 - 1 msg

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:52:12 +0200

From: Ronny Wichers Schreur <ronny@cs.kun.nl>

> >({{9.45874455237136e-13,5.34741321642642e-313, [..]
>
> This is a bug with arrays of unboxed Reals on the Sun. It's not a problem
> with reading reals, but a more basic problem. For example

Thank you for the tip.

Everything works fine now with strict arrays: {*{!Real}}. The
performance degradation is minimal and maybe not discernable, even.

If the case one wants to use my array-read function on the Sun, please
change all occurences of "#" to "!".

At the comming weekend I will post some further file-read functions (I
have to make the documentation first). Especially of the form:

Day,Time,Value,Value...
12:12:2001,13:23:23,23.34,334.45
28:12:2001,15:01:01,34.56,2.3

It is possible with this functions to read in the values (into lists or
arrays) and as a side effect convert the day and time-string to part of
the year and write it as real or string to an output file.

S. Gonzi