[clean-list] Efficient unboxed 2D arrays

shiv@mac.com shiv@mac.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:17:46 -0700

Hi,

May be someone in the Clean team can help me with these questions:

#1. Is it likely that we will soon have an efficient way to create
un-boxed 2D arrays (may be in Clean 2.0)? I noticed that CLAS does use
un-boxed 2D arrays for representing SimpleMatrices, making me hope that
he answer to this question is: "Yes, real soon, now!".

#2. Is there a way to do it in ABC code, for example, by converting an
un-boxed 1D array into an  un-boxed 2D array? If yes, can somebody post
suitable code?

Thanks,

--shiv--