[clean-list] Re: clean-list digest, Vol 1 #148 - 7 msgs

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:38:34 +0200

clean-list-admin@cs.kun.nl wrote:

> From: Royi Eltink <royi@eastsite.nl>
> To: clean-list@cs.kun.nl
> Subject: Re: [clean-list] Are people interested in a Clean workshop?
>
> > We could have a one or two days workshop, preferably here in Nijmegen.
> >
> > Would other people by interested?
>
> If its in Nijmegen...
>
> count me in.

My chances are 50:50. I think to go by train to the Netherlands would
take 24hours. I think the comming spring or summer 2001 would be a good
time.

I also believe there is not a danger that Plasmeijer is standing at the
stage and the public is doing the wave. Such a behavior is common in
circles like the Java-community (at least this is my impression when I
read about user meetings).

A serious workshop with special topics could be of great benefit. But it
should clearly be stated that this workshop is not a workshop especially
about functional-programming. I mean research in the
functional-programming field is hard core (as in any other field of
science).

S. Gonzi