[clean-list] Re: File Reader Combinators

F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:18:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Two reasons for no pursuing the File Reader Combinators too far, were:
1) Dynamics coming up. They will enable me to write and read anything without any programming effort.
2) They open up a huge area of design decisions to be made. The fact that they can always be made more beautiful and general, has hindered me going forward fast to make something useful and complete.

Three reasons to resume work on them:
1) The implementation of Dynamics seem to suffer quite a delay.
2) Dynamics will probably only able to read files that were created by writing a Dynamic. I don't expect Dynamics to use some XML, EDIFACT, or any other standard format.
3) What I read about Dynamics did not mention error checking and reporting. What if a 10 MB Dynamic has suffered some crippling somewhere? Will I get some details about the error? If not from the regular dynamic reader function, will some utility-program be able to analyze Dynamics?

Regards Erik Zuurbier