[clean-list] Clean IDE2.0.Pre-build step ?

F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:47:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Fabien wrote:

"I am at the moment building an application for which I do frequent recompilations, and I would like to have automatically included in the current version the date of the build. "

The constants always have to be in a text module: the .dcl and .icl files. One could indeed imagine a system that would be able to more actively gather the constants from the environment.

Apart from the current date, an example is an exchange rate used for internal settlements. If that is changed only once a year, it may be easier to program that as a constant and recompile/relink every year, than to read it from a file every time the program is started. Treating it as a constant may result in an executable that is a bit smaller, faster, more robust (one "file not found" less) and easier to manage.

Nonetheless, other features are higher on my wish list.

Regards Erik Zuurbier