[clean-list] Floating Dialogues...

Peter Achten peter88@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 11 May 2001 15:56:06 +0200

Hello Fabien,

At 14:57 11-5-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear Cleaners,
>
>And ObjectIO1.2 library practitioners, does anyone one of you know how to
>have a 'floating' window or modeless dialogue appearing always on top of
>other windows ?
>
>Thanks, Fabien TODESCATO

Currently this is not possible to do with the Object I/O library. If you
work only on the MS Windows platform you can mimic this behaviour by
creating a modeless Dialog instead of a window because Dialogs float above
Windows anyway. However, this does not work on the Macintosh platform, in
which windows and modeless dialogues can have arbitrary stacking order.
The disadvantage of using a Dialog instead of a Window is ofcourse that a
Dialog is not resizeable.

Regards,
Peter Achten