[clean-list] Reusable HUI Components with encapsulated local states...

Fabien Todescato f.todescato@larisys.fr
Wed, 2 May 2001 18:05:19 +0200

Dear Cleaners,

I am at the moment evaluating the development effort required to wrap in a
well-engineered manner a Clean console application within a moderately
complex GUI based on the ObjectIO Library.

I am especially interested in techniques to build reusable GUI components
with a local state.

One is shown in the ObjectIO1.2 tutorial how to have a GUI component with
encapsulated local state with the ability to answer specific messages that
allows one to alter or to retrieve the current local state of the object :
this is done by equipping the objetc with appropriate unidirectional or
bidirectional receivers.

I would be interested in having hints and other examples about that
technique, or any other technique to have nicely encapsulated GUI
components.

Thanks to you all, Fabien TODESCATO