[clean-list] key mapping

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:52:40 +0200

Marc Poppleton wrote:

> I've also got a little problem with the CleanIDE v2.0. I can't get the
> following characters:
>           \
>           [ and ]
>           } (it opens the "find" dialog box)
> The only solution I've found for the moment is copy/paste from an
> other file, which is a bit anoying as you can guess!
> I'm using the Windows version of the IDE under Windows98.

Hmm, I hadn't heard this one before...

A few ideas:

1) Are you sure that you don't have a corrupted .exe?
2) Otherwise are you perhaps running some sort of keyboard macro utility?
3) Or are you running a non-standard keyboard language/layout?

You might also want to test what the Clean Object I/O is reporting for those
keys. You can check this with the keyspotting example from the Object I/O
tutorial.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel