[clean-list] (low level graphics, etc. )

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:24:18 +0000

John van Groningen wrote:

> >Type error [Veclib.icl,87,linterp]:
> >  "+" requested instance of the form (m a1 .. ak) is impossible
>
> This is correct, because + (a b) is missing.
>
> Unfortunately such contexts are not supported by Clean 1.3.3.

Thank you. Inchaa Allah. Actually I added this by hand, and it has
not been accepted. But I still don't know why this truncated speci-
fication IS ACCEPTED when my function is declared in the main module?

> >Why don't you use some DLLs instead of your inline codes? It
> >might then be easier to make it more portable.
>
> The inline codes are calls to C functions, putting this C code
> in a DLL instead of an object file doesn't make it easier to
> change this code.

Yes, I see what the inlines do and what they are. But I am sure
that you know also which are the advantages of shared libraries
for the code maintenance, for adding hooks, etc. I am far from
saying that it would save the world, but it *could perhaps* help
some people to change some functions. I think that this might
have some influence on the popularity of the language.

==

Oh, anyway... thank you. I see that the situation is not going
to change.

The best.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk