[clean-list] Font Size Problem?

Peter Achten peter88@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:24:33 +0100

Dear Al,

At 01:48 7-1-01 -0800, you wrote:
>I downloaded the Clean system and ran several of the demo programs
>on Win NT (4.0 SP5) and it looks very nice, except ...
>
>Some of the demos don't look good, probably because my system is set
>up to use large fonts.  For example, in the Scrabble game, all the
>controls don't show on the game screen when it opens.  I can expand
>the screen vertically to see what gets chopped off the bottom (I think),
>but horizontally is more of a problem -- I can't get all of the button
>to place a word to stay on the board.  Also, the messages that show in
>the little black box in the scrabble board don't all fit in the box,
>and there is no way that I see to scroll the contents of the box to
>see what has been chopped off.

I have tried to reproduce the problem you are experiencing on your system
without success. I assume you use the 'Control Panel:Display:Appearance'
tab to switch to large fonts. I have tried any of the "...(large)",
"...(extra large)" alternatives, but all have them have the Scrabble window
resized so that all controls fit in the window and are correctly displayed.

Could you give me more information on how you set up your system to large
fonts? or perhaps send a screenshot of the Scrabble program?

Regards,
Peter Achten